Everything around us is made of energy, starting with you and even drilling it down to animals, nature, and our surroundings. As most of us know, it is very easy for negative energy to build up and bring us down.
We are all taught at an early age and programmed to clean our home and rid ourselves of physical clutter. But how many of us neglect the negative energetic buildup over time?
We feel so much better when we learn to remove negative, chaotic energy from our space like we do when we shower and remove dirt from our bodies. This article will teach you how to enter in lighter, brighter and creative energy in your home. Let's get started.
Times when it's essential to clear your home's energy:
- When you're in a funk or having a bad day: Negative energy in your home may be feeding those feelings.
- If you were just sick, the physical condition carries negative energy into the space around you, along with the stress of feeling under the weather.
- Following a breakup or loss: Clearing during heartache or grief can help you process pain and move forward.
- After arguing with your partner: You said some things. They said some things. Now that the disagreement is over, it's time to clear the air—literally.
- During any major life transition (think a new job, partnership, or pets/ babies arriving): Clearing out the old creates space for the new energy these things bring.
- When you're feeling stuck: If you want to improve your life and haven't made progress, it might be time to question whether your home is keeping you stuck in the past.
First: Try airing everything out.
The first step to moving harmful air out of your home is to open up all the windows and create a draft to let the air come through, even if it's freezing outside. Fresh air is everything. While you're at it, shake out your pillows and blankets, too.
Next: Start with a clean slate.
Wipe down surfaces before you begin the steps below. The old saying "cleanliness is next to Godliness" is, in and of itself, very true. That God energy is Universal karmic energy, and it doesn't like dust, dirt, or neglect. A simple wipe and swipe will make you feel so good.
Then: Protect your entrances.
Doors and windows to the outside are entrances for energy. To keep these areas purified. Fill up a bucket of water with lemon juice, salt, and white vinegar, then wiping doorknobs and windows with your mixture. Afterward, pour sea salt by all of your entrances and cover it with a doormat to prevent negative energy from entering.
12 Easy Ways To Remove The Negative Energy In Your Home
1. Set a new intention for your home
Form follows thought. Before you do anything else, set a specific intention for your home. What do you want your space to help you release? How do you want your home to feel?
For example, you could say: "My intention is to cleanse negative energy from my home so I am focused and productive" or "My intention is to release my ex's energy and feel peaceful again." Speak your intention out loud to set the shifts in motion.
2. Remove clutter as soon as possible.
Yes, there's a reason you feel so good after you clear off your counter. Objects retain lots of energy and block our' path' forward physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Clutter makes you feel tired and stressed, too.
3. Strategically place your crystals.
Crystals are gifts from the earth that carry various beneficial vibrational properties. Two stones to place around your home to clear negative energy are amethyst and hematite.
4. Make noise as you walk through your space.
The sound of drums, gongs, and even clapping hands can help break up negative energy. For an at-home sound ritual, start at your front door and move clockwise through the inner perimeter of your home, playing an instrument (or clapping) toward the walls until you've made a complete loop.
Singing bowls are very powerful in creating resonating sounds and omitting negative energies. The Singing Bowl, otherwise known as a "standing bell," is an ancient Tibetan meditation tool. By encompassing other symbols, such as the chakras, this mighty meditation aid resonates with your mind, body, and soul through the acoustic power of soothing sound. These pure sonic waves awaken our consciousness and can be both stimulating and calming for the entire body. The carefully curated sound frequencies are believed to restore and optimize energy flow throughout the whole body. What's more, besides blessing your soul, these healing accessories also bless the items you place in them!
5. Carefully burn some incense.
In a lot of cases, incense may not be the way to go. Allergies are a consideration and sensitivity to strong smells. There are a lot of incense out there that are mild and smells fantastic. Use your best judgment. When you're ready to, this fragrant smoke has long been a spiritual and meditation practice, and it'll help elevate the energy: Nag champa is best used in a clean home for meditation as its property creates a calm and serene atmosphere. But again, make sure you love the smell and aware of allergies..
6. Cleanse your house with salt.
Salt has been used to sterilize everything from cutting boards to wounds, and it also clears negative energy. Here are some ways you can utilize it throughout your home:
Dissolve sea salt in a spray bottle filled with water and mist the air of every room.
Place a thin line of sea salt in front of your home's entrance or around the perimeter of your property.
- Include a small dish of salt on your altar.
- Dissolve salt in water used to clean surfaces and floors.
- Use Himalayan salt lamps.
7. Give the whole place a fresh, lemony scent.
There's a reason so many cleaning products are lemon-scented. The smell of lemon is naturally refreshing and uplifting. Here are some unexpected ways to use it at home:
- Simmer lemon peels in water and let the steam scent your space.
- Leave small dishes filled with fresh lemon slices around your home.
- Put lemon essential oils in your diffuser.
8. Fill your space with the smell of plants.
Lemon isn't the only scent that can give your space a quick boost: Sage, lavender, and frankincense essential oils can also be great at dissolving negativity.
You can either place them in your diffuser or fill a clean spray bottle with equal parts witch hazel and distilled water, add 20-30 drops of essential oil of choice, shake, and mist your living space. Or opt for fresh scents instead and place fragrant plants like peace lilies, aloe vera, or English ivy in vases around your home.
9. Harness the power of imagination.
Imagine a glowing, golden light inside your heart space. As you breathe in deeply, expand that light until it's outside of your body. Now spread that light into your living space, with the intention that all of the energetic congestion clears out.
10. Clear out your clutter.
Physical dirt and clutter can make a space feel unwelcoming. Keeping a clean, clutter-free home means negative energy won't have a place to congregate. Last but not least, open your windows! Allowing fresh air in also lets negative energy out.
Protect your space with Feng Shui Tree Of Life Crystals:
- Living Room: Rose Quartz replaces negative emotions and feelings with positive ones. We recommend keeping them close to electronic devices if possible.
- Bedroom: Mother Of Pearl: Bring back innocence, beauty, and foresight into your space this summer and let it resonate throughout the year.
- Office: Invigorate Your Room: (Amethyst, Aventurine, Citrine, Tiger's Eye, Carnelian, and Rose Quartz) will engage their power to push the wish to fruition. Your soul will be nourished and calm, ready for future challenges.
- Peace Of Spirit In Every Room: When your spirit is at peace, your heart can guide you home. Life can get messy and complicated, so if you're feeling overwhelmed, hold tight to our "Peace of Spirit - Tree & Wall Blessing Protection Bundle" and have faith that everything will be alright.
- Allow your soul to awaken with Amethyst Feng Shui Tree and avoid the negativity coming your way with the mighty Hamsa Hand Wall Blessing.
11. Add Sound Vibrations In Every Room
It sounds almost too simple, right? It is, and its energetic power is prolific. Add sound vibration in each corner of the room and your doorway. Then, set the intention in your mind for the sound waves to move the bad energy out and the good energy in. Adding a singing bowl to your routine awaken the conscious mind and remove negative energies.
You can always add positive mantras and mix them up.
Office: Money Mantras
- I let abundance flow through me.
- I am open to receiving the blessings of prosperity.
- Money flows in me and through me effortlessly.
Bedroom: Love Mantras
- I am open to love.
- I give and receive love openly and honestly.
- Love flows through me effortlessly.
Living Room: Peace Mantras
- I am at peace and thrive in my silence.
- I am an open source of loving energy and it flow through me.
- My home is filled with love, kindless and peace.
12. Add more mirrors & wall blessings.
To add positive energy (also known as chi), place mirrors around your home — but remember to avoid ones with sharp edges. This will help you create more positive energy in your décor, but it will also help cleanse the mind. Karma and Luck created Wall Blessings to enrich the walls of your home with the intricate and sumptuous detailing of our Wall Blessing Plaques. The collection is spiritual jewelry translated to home décor, which is quintessential for a brightened and stable environment. Numerous symbols, that have existed for centuries, are encrusted with mighty gemstones, creating a vivacious visual appeal for grounding, enlightening and many other benefits.
The bottom line.
Make energetically cleansing your space a regular part of your routine using any of these practices, and within a short time, you will feel lighter, brighter, and better able to take inspired action in your life.
A few extra tips and tricks to spiritually keep your home cleansed of negative energies.
Be sure to repair or remove broken things.
Even though you've been meaning to get around to fixing that office chair, it might not be worth keeping. Broken things bring that stuck and negative energy into your home.
Spray orange essential oil around your home.
If there's something about the smell of oranges that reminds you of smiles and sunshine, you're not alone. Not only does it clear the negative energy, but it uplifts your mood. You can diffuse drops into water or use an organic essential oil spray.
Smudge your entire home with sage.
A popular Native American technique for removing bad energy is lighting sage, then blowing out the flame. The smoke is what you will use to clear your home. Always start at the front door and work your way around in a clockwise direction. After "smudging" the entire house, visualize your intentions for your home as the smoke filling every crevice.
Salt the corners of each room.
To absorb the negative energy of in each room, we recommend pouring salt into the four corners of your rooms, then letting it sit. After 48 hours, either vacuum or sweep the salt and throw it away in the trash.
Get rid of dark colors.
Think about it: Dark, rich colors are full of personality. But sometimes, when you're already overwhelmed by life, that's the opposite of what you need to create a relaxing environment. Steer clear of anything dark that might feel negative and make spaces appear smaller than they are.
Taking these easy steps toward removing the negative energies from your home or any space you reside in, will bring you more joy, prosperity and peace.
Much love from your Karma and Luck family.
Written by: Nadine Christine Hamdan