Retail Project Manager
Karma and Luck is the home for spiritual jewelry and home décor from around the world. We are uniting cultures by sharing beliefs, lifestyles, and experiences of the far east, the middle east, and beyond by celebrating the cultures together.
As a Project Manager on the Retail Store Development team you will be responsible for the planning and execution of New Store Openings and various Retail Development projects across the company. In this highly visible role, you will partner with various stakeholders to bridge between all retail teams to support opening of new Karma and Luck stores and maintain old stores with other associated projects. The ideal candidate will have a blend of experience working in fast paced, visible roles with a focus on process execution, impeccable communication and organizational skills, and ability to work within deadlines and budgets. Your abilities to coordinate across departments, partner with various levels of stakeholders, and properly leverage the talents of many employees is paramount. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working on several projects at once while acting at the national level.
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans for new store openings and other store development team projects, including coordination of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with all internal teams to prepare and execute on those project plans.
- Track project performance and analyze progress of tasks across all participants to accomplish short- and long-term goals
- Manage and develop tracking and documentation/reporting of our new store openings, remodels, conversions.
- Work with clients and take detailed briefings of the specific requirements of each project
- Collaborate across all corporate teams to align project goals and tasks
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of project management tools and resources
- Lead sourcing and purchasing efforts for construction projects
- Working with Construction team, manage bidding and award process for general contractors on all projects
- Ensure clean transition throughout project timeline from real estate, to design and permitting, to construction team
- Manage overall Store Development project calendar and report on a regular basis
- Achieve target deadlines and budgets
- Constantly innovate project management processes and resources to guarantee the team is operating at top efficiency
- 7+ years of project management in construction management, management consulting, process management
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Travel required
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Ability to structure and manage intensive workloads
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and work presenting to internal stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency with project management tools including Microsoft suite of tools including Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the retail standards , rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry .
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age